To be considered as a candidate for any of our programs at Glitz School of Cosmetology, an applicant must meet the 3 following requirements below.
Be at least 17 years of age and have a government issued ID.
* Must meet one requirement below:
1. Have a high school diploma. High school diplomas from foreign countries must be translated by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English. The foreign high school diploma must also be verified as the academic equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. A copy of the documentation for this process must be submitted with the application.
2. General Education Diploma (G.E.D. or HiSet).
3. Evidence of successful completion of a state approved homeschooling program.
4. Transferring students must be approved by the School President or Director as well as the New Mexico Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists. Clock hours from the originating schools that are accepted will be applied at a 1:1 ratio and remaining hours will be charged at the current rate for that program. Please note Glitz may not accept 100% of the hours granted by another school. Transferring students must also meet at least one of the requirements listed above.
3. Instructor Program
* Applicants to the instructor program must meet at least one of the above requirements and:
1. Hold a current license as a practitioner in the field they wish to teach.
2. Complete an application for enrollment.
3. Complete an instructor in training application to be forwarded to the state board of cosmetology.